A thread lift (face/neck) is a delicate cosmetic procedure that gently lifts your sagging skin, returning it to its original contours. It is an in office procedure. It can be a less invasive alternative to a surgical face lift without the cost, potential risks and downtime.
Candidates for a thread lift can be of any age depending on the individual’s skin condition. Most are aged between 30 and 60 however younger and older candidates may also be suitable depending on the Doctor’s advice.
A revitalizing thread lift can last for several years, depending on your age, lifestyle including whether you smoke, sleeping patterns and genetic disposition. An advantage of the dissolving threads is that additional threads can be inserted at a later date if further lift procedures are required.
- One major advantage with a thread lift procedure is that it is a less invasive option compared to the conventional face lift.
- This is also known as the “scarless” or “lunchtime” face lift because from the fact that it doesn’t require any incisions it can also be done within 45 minutes to an hour at most.
- This is a generally safe procedure with the special barbed thread or suture used approved by FDA standards.
- It improves facial contour and appearance without the length of downtime associated with the traditional procedure.
- It can be done on areas such as those near the eyes, eyebrows, cheeks, frown lines, jowl lines, marionette lines, and the neck as well. In addition to that it gives the face a plumper appearance, making it look youthful.
- Since this is a minimally invasive procedure you do not need any general anesthesia. A face lift procedure can be done through local anesthesia and light sedation.
- The patient can watch the procedure with a mirror so that they may also see how the results are coming along. .
The best part? It is completely natural looking!
Before and After